Explore, Snap, Win! competition terms and conditions
Here's everything you need to know before entering the Explore, Snap, WIN photo competition.
- By entering the Explore, Snap, Win Photo Competition you accept the Explore, Snap, Win Competition Terms and Conditions set out below (Terms).
- The Promoter of this competition is the Wellington Regional Economic Development Agency Limited (t/a WellingtonNZ) (Level 1, 175 Victoria Street, Wellington, New Zealand).
- Employees of WellingtonNZ, Porirua City Council, Hutt City Council, Greater Wellington Regional Council, Destination Wairarapa, Kāpiti Coast District Council, Department of Conservation (DOC), Upper Hutt City Council, and their immediate family members are not eligible to enter this competition.
- Dangerous photos will be disqualified from this competition. If you take a photo where in our opinion you may risk hurting yourself or anyone/anything else, it will not be accepted as an entry into the competition.
- By entering the competition via the campaign landing page form your photo entry may be pulled through to the competition landing page and might be promoted in adverts promoting this campaign, and possibly in future marketing on the Wellington regional Trails and WellingtonNZ websites and social channels. If your photo is used, you can contact WellingtonNZ at any stage to ask if we could take this down and use a different photo.
- Each entry must have the category to enter, location of the photo and where the entrant is from to be a valid entry.
- If a winner is aged 16 years or younger, and the prize won is an activity, the winner must have someone over the age of 18 accompanying them when partaking in the activities they won.
- Entrants must be living in New Zealand.
- Images must be taken during this competition on one of the Wellington region's trails.
- All winners will be selected and notified by Friday 4 December.
- For all prizes above -if the winner does not confirm acceptance of their prize within five days of receiving the message notifying them that they won, a second prize allocation will be undertaken. In the event of a second prize allocation, if the new winner chosen does not respond to their winner’s notification message within a reasonable time (determined by The Promoter), a third prize allocation will be undertaken, and so on until the winners are finalised.
- Winners must collect their prize from WellingtonNZ (Level 1, 175 Victoria Street, Wellington).
- By accepting the prize, the prize winners consent to The Promoter using his/her details and Trail photo entry for promotional and media publicity purposes.
- By accepting the Find Your Wild Photo of the Year award, the winner consents to their winning image being used on promotional posters later in the year or early 2021. They may need to provide the higher resolution photo of their winning photo.
- All decisions of The Promoter in relation to the competition shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Except as set out in the prize packages above, all other expenses, such as transfers to and from the retail store or eatery, and any other ancillary costs of taking up the prize will be at the winners’ own expense.
- The prizes cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for an individual supplier’s failure to supply the prize for any reason, or in the form expected, and are not obliged to provide an alternative prize or take legal action to require the supplier to carry out their obligations.
- All prize components are non-refundable for cash either in part or in whole and are not transferable to any persons, unless agreed in writing by The Promoter.
- The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify an entrant who it considers to be ineligible or who tampers with the competition entry, or who fails to comply with these Terms.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage suffered or inflicted by you (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) in connection with this competition.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook and Instagram.
- These Terms shall be governed by and construed according to the laws of New Zealand. You agree that the Courts of New Zealand shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute which may arise in connection with these Terms, unless otherwise agreed by The Promoter.
- The Promoter may collect personal information provided with your entry, which will be used to notify prize winners, verify entries, and generally administer this competition. The Promoter respects privacy rights under the Privacy Act 1993 and will comply with the privacy principles in relation to the collection of any personal information from individuals entering this competition. Please contact The Promoter should you wish to access or request correction of your personal information at [email protected]
How to enter the Explore, Snap, Win Photo Competition
- Entries will open at 8:00am NZST, Monday 19 October 2020 and will close at 11.59pm NZST, Sunday 29 November 2020 (The Competition Period).
- Explore a trail and snap a photo
It could be a selfie of you and some friends at the top of Mt Kaukau, a landscape photo of the view from the top of Mt Victoria, a photo of a cheeky tūī – it’s up to you what category to enter! Please note: photos deemed dangerous or risky will not be accepted as an entry.
- Upload your photo via the form on the campaign webpage
On the entry form, tell us where the photo was taken and where you currently live. You’ll also need to write which category you’d like to enter the photo into (see photo categories below). All entries will automatically be entered into the Find Your Wild Photo of the Year category.
- You’re entered in the competition!
Get back out there and get snapping - you can enter more than once, as long as it is a different image and different trail.
- Explore a trail and snap a photo
- One photo is one entry. You may fill out the form and submit a different photo to get another entry.
- Each photo category below will have one winner. The winner of each category will be decided by the competition judges: Johnny Hendrikus, Victoria Wanders, Larissa Carlson and Du’Plessis Ariu Kirifi from the eligible entries.
The Prizes and Photo Categories
Find Your Wild Photo of the Year
Each photo entry will automatically be entered in this category.
- 1 x Brand new iPhone 11
- 1 x $500 Wellington Photographic Suppliesvoucher
- 1 x $1,000 Dwights Outdoorsvoucher
- 1 x $250 We Love LocalWellington Region Gift Box
- 1 x Dwights OutdoorsBackpack
- The fame and glory of having your winning image featured on street posters around Wellington city later this year or early in 2021
Snap a stunning landscape photo on any trail around the Wellington region and enter it in the Landscape Love category.
- 1x brand-new Go Pro Hero 9
- 1x We Love Local Kāpiti Goodies Gift Box
Take a photo of any wildlife on a trail around the Wellington region and enter it in the Wild Wildlife category.
One-night stay for two adults on Kāpiti Island in a glamping style tent with a queen bed! Your overnight stay will include:
- 3 meals, pre-dinner drinks and nibbles
- an introductory briefing/talk
- return ferry transport (including transfers from Rangatira to the north end)
- local council permit and DOC permits for Rangatira and the North End
- a 1½ hr guided Kiwi spotting walk at night
Take a photo of your favourite trail pitstop – the cafes, shops and trail businesses that you head to before or after your trail adventures. It could be the café you grabbed your drink or bite to eat at before or after your trail adventure or the bike shop where you purchased your mountain bike for hitting the tracks at Makara Peak. Enter this in the Trail Pitstop category.
- 1 x $250 Brewtown, Upper Hutt food and beverage voucher
- 1 x $250 Everyone’s Adventure Pencarrow bike hire voucher
- 1 x 8-trip adult pass to Adrenalin Forest, Porirua
If you are aged under 16, this is the category for you to enter (you can enter the other categories also, but this category is just for under 16-year-olds). The only condition is that your photo needs to have been taken on a trail around the Wellington region.
- 1 x Wellington Zoo Crew Membership for 1x adult and 1x child which entitles you to a full year of free entry at Wellington Zoo
- 1 x 1-hour hour guided tour for a family at Pūkaha National Wildlife Centre
- 1 x 9 trip Child pass to Adrenalin Forest
- A Zealandia Twilight Tour voucher for 2x adults and 3x children
To enter this category, head out on a trail in the Wellington region and snap a photo with your dog enjoying their outdoor adventure. Please make sure that you abide by trail regulations and ensure that your dog is kept on a lead as directed. Then enter that image in this category.
- Two nights’ accommodation at Brackenridge Country Retreat and Spa for two adults and your dog (of course!) in a two-bedroom cottage. Continental breakfast provisions for self-catering and full use of the indoor heated lap pool and gym included (the breakfast, use of pool and gym is just for the humans)
- 1 x Close Encounter for two adults at Wellington Zoo (choose between a giraffe, lemur, capybara, red panda or meerkat encounter)